Tuesday 16 April 2013

GHOSTLY NOISES PICKED UP ON RADIO MICROPHONE ON HAUNTED EARTH SHOOT

St Andrews Church Walberswick
Coming up in this month`s Haunted Earth Show is a shoot on a new production investigation called, `Orwell`s Ghost`.
In July 1931, the famous author and writer, George Orwell (1984 - Animal Farm) was researching a book at St Andrew`s Churchyard, in Walberswick, Suffolk.

George Orwell - Experienced the paranormal
Orwell was sat in the church grounds by a ruined section of this medieval building when he saw in broad daylight a ghost of a man.
Orwell wasn`t a church goer, and had even less interest for the paranormal. So for him to witness and write about his first paranormal experience was something quite unique. The ghost it later transpired, has been seen before and since, and it is unlikely Orwell would have known of it.

Here is an extract of a letter to a friend where he describes his experience:

Above is W’wick church as well as I can remember it. At about 5.20 pm on 27.7.31 I was sitting at the spot marked*, looking out in the direction of the dotted arrow. I happened to glance over my shoulder, & saw a figure pass along the line of the other arrow, disappearing behind the masonry & presumably emerging into the churchyard. I wasn’t looking directly at it & so couldn’t make out more than that it was a man’s figure, small & stooping, & dressed in lightish brown; I should have said a workman. I had the impression that it glanced towards me in passing, but I made out nothing of the features. At the moment of its passing I thought nothing, but a few seconds later it struck me that the figure had made no noise, & I followed it out into the churchyard. There was no one in the churchyard, & no one within possible distance along the road—this was about 20 seconds after I had seen it; & in any case there were only 2 people in the road, & neither at all resembled the figure. I looked into the church. The only people there were the vicar, dressed in black, & a workman who, as far as I remember, had been sawing the whole time. In any case he was too tall for the figure. The figure had therefore vanished. Presumably an hallucination.

And this is a sketch made at the time showing where and how he saw the ghostly man.



Whilst inside the church (which was built in 1492 - the same year Columbus discovered America),
I recorded a number of scenes for the show. Here is an interesting experience that defies logical explanation.
The microphone used was a professional Sennheiser.




The full video will appear (complete with a night investigation) very soon!


Thanks For Making This Possible! Kindly Bookmark and Share it.

Technorati Digg This Stumble Stumble Facebook Twitter